Wednesday 15 April 2015

Machine Pleasure

 I've really enjoyed being able to do a little machine sewing this week - time and my (slightly less rubbish than it was) wrist have allowed it!

These 'wiggly bags' (bags for looking after the 'central lines' put in for people receiving chemo therapy) were made for a friend.  Slightly different sizes until I hear which is the best size for him.
 I've also made some progress on Esther Aliu's 'heart it' pattern.  Here are the 'bow tie' blocks - some just as 2 1/2" squares, some partially constructed. 
 I'm hoping to complete all of these blocks this week.  I'm making good progress on the bow ties, but still have only sewn around one of the applique hearts..

Then it will be time to start working on the scallops which were cut out before the Easter Hols.  Lots more still to do!
Difficult to pick out the white on whites and creams in the photo - it's a bit easier in real life!  I've gone as scrappy as I can without buying any more fabrics.  I'm quite pleased with the range that I had for the blues / greys / creams, although it turns out that I didn't have as much 'white on white' as I thought.

I've also been entertaining myself by drawing up a list of projects to make / finish over the next few months.  There is a chance that my sewing room will be out of commission for a while so I'm planning on projects which won't rely on full access to my stash and rarely used tools, just in case they are in storage.

Of course, it turns out that I've now got five projects with only minimal cutting required for them, so I should have plenty to go at!

2 comments:

  1. You have been busy. How great that you made those bags for a friend. Do you have a pattern? This sounds like a great project for our guild for our next community service project.

    marsha.seiberling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of Lovely projects there! I've just finished a cream on cream project and have plenty of scraps if they are any good for you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.