Wednesday, 14 November 2012
All together now!
I don't think that I've properly tried 'quilt as you go' before. My way of doing it (zig-zag the squares together, cover this seam with narrow tape on the back by sewing down both sides, then add the 'sashing' at the front by sewing down each side of it) seems secure and fast, but not desperately attractive from the back. I'm not sure that doing it this way is something that I'd want to take on to larger quilts, but it's interesting to try.
As you can see, I still can't work out why Blogger is splitting my photos....I've tried re-sizing (reducing the pixels in each direction) - this is 1/4 of the usual picture that I use - but to no avail. I might try photos from my phone next time to see if that makes any difference.
There have been other minor sewing projects this week - using an embroidery machine gifted to my DDs by the lovely Benta, and sewing Christmas felt ornaments with Richmond and Kew Quilters on Monday evening. No photos to show either yet, though - perhaps next week when they are looking a bit more finished!
I've also spent a little time on GIMP - a freeware image manipulation programme - following the first class with Sharon Boggon who is offering a course for textile design. I'm quite excited about it!
Hope that you are enjoying some sewing or other creative time!