Tuesday 9 October 2012

Phew!

This isn't a great shot, but taken by DD1 it's the best shot that I have to show something of the quilt show, with my 'flower tree' hanging in a lovely position at the Landmark over the weekend.  It's a lovely building,  large, light and airy.  The quilts were displayed very well by the team of volunteers on Thursday.  Over 600 people came through the doors, so we are hoping to make a good donation to the Royal Marsden.  If you were one of the people who came along, thank you.   We appreciate your support.
 The quilts are all home now - despite two people seeking me out to see if I'd sell the flower tree!

Seeing the quilts piled up like this (mostly backings showing!) explains how I get through the lovely graphic fabric with birds and trees on so quickly.  Perhaps I need another trip to Ikea to stock up on it!
Too worn out even to watch a recording of Downton Abbey yesterday(!), I was saving my energy to go to the quilt group meeting in the evening, where Lesley had made kits and led a mini-workshop on how to use copyright free designs to produce interesting pieces.  Both of these are unfinished but a little more stitching should see them done.

Happy stitching!

4 comments:

  1. So, did you sell it? How exciting - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - saddened to see that I missed this wonderful show at the Landmark (going to art there on Friday for private view) PARTICULARLY because just this minute got in from The Marsden where I have been a patient for over two years and would love to have come. So pleased to find your blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely to meet you on Sunday and it was a fab venue for the exhibition. I too love the flower tree quilt and have forgotten the name of the website where you said it could be purchased, would you let me have it again please.
    Many thanks
    Jackie (Benta's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Plum your tree quilt is amazing - can we see a close up pic??! No wonder you had people wanting to buy it! It sounds like the day was a great success :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I always appreciate it and will try to respond.